Sunday, June 25, 2006

Calling Dr Roberts

I went to attend a training session on chaperoning last wednesday. For those who aren't familiar with a medical chaperone it is someone who is present whilst a doctor/nurse does an intimate examination (smear, breast screening, rectal examination etc) to protect the patient from being abused or the doctor from being accused of such abuse. So why am I mentioning this? Well because when I was presented with my pack and name badge I discovered that I had become Dr Dale Roberts! (see below four lines down) I was thinking of keeping the name badge on and going into town to see what attention I could get from being a doctor!

So I imagine you all watched the fantastic and dramatic match between Australia and Croatia. Nicole, Bree, Selena and I watched it in the Walkabout again and after a beer drenched, sweaty, frustrating and nerve racking 90mins we were through to the next round and celebrated accordingly (a few of you received the drunken phone messages). The whole match got too much for poor Nic though and she burst into tears at the end! Randomly we also ran into my old next door neigbour Michael Bairdfrom back in Brisbane. He's also a pro footballer and played as a striker for Queensland Roar last year and is now based in Romania.

It may seem all I talk about is football at the moment but you just can not escape it! I'm off in an hour to watch the England v Ecuador game so hopefully they get through to keep the world cup buzz alive here. On a non football related theme - Wimbledon starts tomorrow and I can't wait to get down there for some pimms and strawberries and cream! It shall be my 3rd year of going and hopefully this year I get on centre court. Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home