Friday, December 15, 2006

Fulham 2 Arsenal 1, Australia 1 Ghana 1

On a chilly Wednesday night at the end of November Nicole, Ric and myself went along to the finest live sporting contest I have ever witnessed. We had managed to secure tickets for Fulham v Arsenal (at £40 a piece I might add!) and although I was quite excited to see Fulham take on one of the big teams (I had only seen them defeat Bolton and Middlesbrough) I was not going to the match brimming with confidence. We had lost 4-1 and 4-0 in the 05/06 season and had not beaten them since 1966.


Our view from behind the goals

We had fantastic seats right behind the goal in the 2nd row. Although you lost some depth and comprehension of what was going down the other end of the pitch it was made up with a spectacular view and atmosphere when the play was up our end. Somehow after 20 minutes we were up 2-0, the lead was cut to 1 goal after Van Persie's brilliant free kick. Although the second half was goaless it was thorougly entertaining, 2 disallowed goals, 1 sending off (all up there were 10 yellow cards) and the chance to abuse the eejit that is Jens Lehman. With Arsenal's last attacking chance of the game Jens ran out from the goals to join them up front however it was to no avail and we nearly turned it around and scored whilst Jens was still running back to goals. In the end it was a famous vicotry for Fulham 40 years in the making! Brilliant!



Socceroos v Ghana during National Anthems

All the girls and myself also attending the international friendly between Australia and Ghana. The game was held at Loftus Road, home of Queen's Park Rangers, and we had seats on the side so we had an excellent view of all the action. We performed brilliantly despite not having Cahill, Viduka, Neil or Kewell and although we drew 1-1 we were the better team and really deserved to win. Towards the end we had wave after wave of attack and when the announcement came that we had 2 mins of injury time a last minute winner seemed likely. Unfortunately the ref blew the whistle for full time approximatley 20 seconds into the 2 minutes!

The only other event in November was when I went along with Mike, Paul, Brad, Ric and Katie to see Sugababes at G-A-Y. Well I think i did, unfortunately I got ridiculously drunk (see below) and made quite a scene much to the embarassment of everyone around me. I think i was last seen shouting demands that 'Push the Button' be played. Luckily Ric and Katie ushered me home and off to bed... Apparently they were very good though!


Mike and I



Some drunken eejit, wind blown Katie and Ric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home