Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Belated Holiday Posting

Yes I'm completely uselss and have not updated this for nearly 6 months... So I'll post some photos and give you a quick recap of the holiday period (which basically consisted of getting quite drunk for 2 months)

Nicole and I hosted Christmas at our place for Ric, Mike, Renee, Zoe and Real Estate Bree. Football Bree and her friend came later on. Without tooting my own horn the food prepared by Ric and myself was bloody lovely! Presents were shared, drinks were consumed and we all watched the Queen's Speech and Eastenders. Drinking, music and dancing continued into the wee hours before we all passed out ready for the clean up the next day...


Some post eating Xmas madness: Mike, Zoe (with hat on), Me, Ric, Bree and Renee
New Years began as a more sedate affair as Ric and Katy had a few friends over at their place for nibbles and champagne. However before the stroke of midnight we were in the The Two Brewers watching drag queens count in 2007. We stayed with Simon and Michael till the wee hours singing, dancing and making fun of the freaks who'd ventured out (70 years old is not a good age to start becoming an amateur transvestite). Late into the night we were joined by Ric's school mates which was a bloody nice touch and a great end to the evening. It was then all back to Ric and Katy's again where we were joined by a random neighbour before eventually crashing when the sun came up.

Ric, Michael and Katy

Next drunken event was Australia Day. Nicole, Renee, Zoe, Kate (+friend), Bree, Adele, John and myself all headed off to The Swan in Stockwell for another night of debauchery. After a fair few snakebites we all took over the stage and (attempted to) dance the night away as well as sing into parents' phones back in Oz to 'I Still Call Australia Home'. I got a little carried away and jumped onto a spilt drink, slipped over and bashed my head on the edge of the stage. Zoe then dragged me (kicking and screaming obviously) to the bar for the first of many many Jager Bombs of the evening. I eventually stumbled into Ric's house around 3am wearing a cork hat and I was soon joined by his equally inebriated housemate Aleks. There may have then been a drunken rendition of the national anthem performed... but errr... I don't remember

At The Swan: Nic, Me, Kate, Zoe and Renee


Aleks and I wearing v silly hats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home